Tough Act. Leather Up.
Leather seems to be one of the trends among celebreties the past few weeks. Emma Stone wore a red leather dress at The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Jennifer Aniston was in a brown number at the MTV Movie Awards, and Zoe Saldana brought out her inner rocker at the Veuve Polo Clicquot Polo Classic.
Even top designers have a few leather pieces in their latest collections. Emma Stone’s red leather number at The Tonight Show with Jay Leno was from Monique Lhuillier’s Fall 2012 collection. Gucci’s Fall-Winter 2012-2013 collection incorporated leather with silk and lace. Hermes has a number f leather in its Fall-Winter 2012-2013 collection as well.
• Start with leather accessories. If you are still a little hesitant about wearing leather clothes start with leather accessories first like boots, headband, gloves or leather cuffs.
• Invest in versatile pieces like leather jackets, skirts and pants. You can wear them time and time again, plus they are easy to mix with other items in your wardrobe. Wear a leather jacket over a feminine dress for that sexy but rebellious look.
• Wear one leather piece at a time. Don’t overdo it; you don’t want to look like Catwoman.
• Only wear a leather piece that is suited for your body type and make sure it fits well. Leather is form-fitting and clingy so make sure it shows off only the right curves. As with any other material, you will only look awkward if you wear an ill fitting piece.
• Wear leather with a contrast fabric, it creates a more interesting look. A few examples of contrast fabrics are lace and cotton. Don’t wear it with similar fabrics like suede and sheepskin.
• Don’t forget to wear leather with confidence! Fake it if you have to. You have to have the right attitude if you want to look great in it!
Go ahead, be daring! Wear leather and bring out the rocker chick in you!